I bet you think you're in for a good post. Ha! You so are not. There will be no discussing sexual positions on this here blog. Because I'm too sick to even think about sex. My throat is so swollen I can barely swallow. And do you realize how often you swallow? A lot. A whole lot. But it hurts to much to swallow constantly so instead I am just building up mouthfuls of spit. I know, it's a pleasant thought.
So about the position. Today I got off the phone and then noticed that there was a message waiting. Seriously, I do not think I was off the phone for more than 5 minutes at any given time today, it rang off the bloody hook. Not that I'm complaining- there are few things I love more than my phone. Except that today with my swollen throat I am also having difficulty speaking and am not much more than a whisper. My kids love it, because it means I can't yell, but it causes everyone to ask if a) I am sick or b) have they woken me up? As if I could sleep in the middle of the bloody day. Please.
Yeah. Right so the position. God, I digress often. I checked my message and it's one of my supervisors and she says "Hi Emma, it's Diane, please give me a call at (work number), or you can even call me at home at (home number)." I'm thinking to myself how desperate are these people to have someone work that they are giving me their home numbers. She goes on to say "That .4 has come around and it's yours if you want."
Do you know what a .4 means? It means I get benefits!!! Do you know how desperately I need benefits? I was all stressed about this with William choosing to continue working for his friend who can not provide benefits. But now it doesn't matter. I was freaking excited. When I applied for this position, ages ago, my boss said I didn't have a chance because people with positions had applied and she was really sorry but to keep applying because eventually something would come up. I don't know how many people turned the position down, and I really don't care. I am pretty sure I was chosen over other casuals, based on something said to me, and that thrills me. Cause I'm petty like that.
This means I will be working weekends. Evenings. I guess it's a good thing I have no social life. And I have to work stats. But hopefully there will be other people who want to work Christmas Day because me? Not so much. And Remembrance Day, which is Saoirse's birthday and who wants to work on their child's birthday. The only really crappy thing is that I work with this total and complete eejit. He's a lazy fecker but at least on weekends he does sit in front of the TV so he is there to take back patients. And I just sit at the desk with my book. Really, I can't complain about being paid good money to read. I've even been known to make cards at work. But I can't blog. Blah. Unless it's really, really slow and I am working with techs who don't care.
I am going to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow, they say good luck comes in threes. And with the visa and the position, surely I have a chance at the $32 million. Don't you think? Wish me luck and if I win I'll have a bloggy got together. You know, after I've quit my brand new job and toured the world and lost a shite ton of weight so you don't have to meet the fat me.
*A few people asked just what it is that I do. Emmakirsten guessed a nurse due to the 90 year old penises. And while I wouldn't complain about a nurse's salary I would definitely complain about bowel movements. I'm the one who takes your patient down to Xray, CT, all that fun stuff. But not surgery, that's a whole different department. So yes, ladies (and the odd fella or two), I am the example of just what happens when you think more about your boyfriend than your school work. Although it's a great part time job and it's unionized so it pays really well. But to depend on it support a family? Yeah, no thanks.
01 June, 2007
Positions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Thanks for your randomness :) It made me smile.
Congrats on getting offered the position! Thats great, except you know for the more working part.
I love your randomness to by the way. Thats about how I talk in real life....
So sorry that you are feeling sick. That does take the fun out of sex. And yet, you spent a lot of time talking about swallowing. ;)
Seriously, congratulations on the new position. Getting benefits is such a huge relief!
So sorry to hear you are sick Emma and I sure hope you feel better soon! Congratulations on the new position though.. that is awesome!! You have to get the lottery ticket because you just never know!!
Sorry to hear you're sick. Bummer. Congrats on the new position though!! It actually sounds like a pretty cool job. I bet you get to meet all kinds of great people. And some not so great too I'm sure. But I can grocery shopping and meet not great people so I guess we're all lucky like that. I bet you could blog strictly on the people you meet every day.
There aren't many things worse than a really sore throat! GET WELL SOON!!
Damn being sick but yeah for new positions and goodness like that! Hate holiday work but it sounds like this is ideal. WEEE!
Hope the throat gets better soon, but congratulations on being offered the position!
Sorry your throat hurts...I've had a sore throat all weekend too. Sucks, I know. Congrats on the new position, it's always great to have a worry lifted!
I thought the same as Em, I couldn't read your paragraph about sex and swallowing with a straight face!
Hope you're feeling better.
I'm sending redmum's young wan to this post, she has exams in a week or so and if you believe her Ma, has shag all studying done.
Sorry to hear you're feeling sick, but I hope, by now, that you are better.
Congratulations on the new job!!! That's so awesome!!
Post a Comment