*Quite seriously, I would be very uncomfortable if a man reads this post. So, all two of you, look away.
When I got home tonight Sophie was screaming bloody murder. As soon as Liam passed her to me she stopped. William said she had pretty much cried the entire time after waking up. He also said that she fed herself her bottle, put it when she wanted it and took it out when she was done. I thought that was pretty impressive for a kid who gets maybe 2 bottles a month.
So I sit down and proceed to feed Sophie. During this, I was on the phone with my friend Shelley. When Sophie was done she cuddled against me as she often does so I just left my bra undone and pulled my shirt down a bit. At some point Saoirse comes over and sits with me. All of a sudden she pulls my shirt up and says "Can you feed me with this mummy?" I was a little shocked. How to deal? So she repeats herself "You feed me with this?"
I say to her that I use them to feed Sophie, that when she was a very little baby that was how I fed her. She ran her finger around my nipple and tried to undo the other side of the bra. And then told me to when she couldn't. And I did.
I really don't know what I would have done had she actually pushed trying to breastfeed. Everything I have read says just to let them but I don't know. She seems so old. Plus she has all those teeth. Ouch.
Also today, she told me she loves me. I think. I have complained before that Saoirse never says "I love you." If I say to her "Who do you love?" she will list people off... Daddy, mummy, Liam, Taylor, Sophie, Nanny...but she never answers an "I love you." It really bothers me.
Liam was home from school today and of course she follows him everywhere. He was going down to the basement and she said, as she was already going down the stairs, "I'm going with Liam. Bye Mom." (She still prefers mom to mummy, or even mum. Such an odd child.) I say "Bye Sorsh! Love you!" And I hear "Love you Mom!" Oh, the excitement! I literally jumped off the couch, put Sophie down and ran to the stairs "Did you just tell me you loved me? Is that what you said?"
She ignored me.
But I'm pretty sure she said that.
I can't believe the child has been talking for some 16 months and it took that long to get some semblance of an "I love you."
15 January, 2007
Saoirse happenings
Labels:
Saoirse
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How freaking cute! It amazes me that you live with a two-year old teenager though!
I also think you handled the bf thing with Saoirse as well as you could. By not making a big deal out of it, you made sure she wouldn't obsess with it as toddlers do.
And it is impressive that Sophie can hold her own bottle now. My lazy-ass Little Man didn't start doing that until he was well over a year old, a.k.a. when he was supposed to be OFF the bottle.
Awwww that is so cute! And what a way to throw you off key asking a question like that hehe
Post a Comment