1) Saoirse likes to take the baby for rides while Sophie is sitting in her chair. The baby's mother, a la Britney Spears, had not done up her seat belt. Britney's wannabe walks in as baby is leaning way forward. Baby saved from impending bump on head and possible baby chair run over.
2) Sophie is sitting on my lap. Saoirse shows her a pencil, which of course the baby wants it as she wants everything that is at all graspable (is that a word?) these days. I say no, she'll poke herself in the eye and give it back to Saoirse. Mistake! Saoirse must have thought that I mean for her to poke the baby in the eye which she proceeds to attempt. Without success. Baby saved from impending eye loss.
3) Sophie is lying on the floor screaming (because that's what Sophie does when I am not near by) and I am in the kitchen getting dinner ready. Taylor comes down the stairs to see that the sofa cushion (the one we sit on, not a pillow) is covering Sophie and Saoirse is preparing to jump. On to the baby. Baby saved from impending broken ribs and squished organs. Oh, and suffication.
This was all today. I have said to William that I absolutely will not be able to leave Saoirse alone with Sophie, not even for a minute. She's too fascinated by the baby, to eager to take her places with her, to give her things. Not sure how I can attempt to explain away the jumping on Sophie one though. That was just plain badness.
05 January, 2007
3 reasons why one cannot leave a two year old alone with a 5 month old (almost)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, my how I remember those days. It's amazing my youngest made it through in one piece!
You have me officially TERRIFIED. Thank you for that. Oh. Dear. Will now purchase a plastic bubble in which to place my new baby so Liam doesn't maul. Will also make certain he doesn't read your blog (easy enough as he's, oh, a wee bit young for reading) or use baby telepathy to get any wise ideas from your household (perhaps a tinfoil hat can stop that.)
Oh that brings back so many memories of when the boys (now 11 and 10) where little. One of those days I thought Izzak was busy doing something the baby in the bassinette sleeping soundly (he was the preemie was only home from the hospital maybe 4 days) usually Izzak would leave hime alone while he was sleeping (I know surprised us also) so I figured I would jump into the shower real quick since I hadn't gotten in there since the baby came home. Less then a minute later who comes to the bathroom door that I left open so I could hear if the baby woke up, but my 19month old carrying the 3 week old (by the head of course) all he said was BB ky (baby cry) of course I jumped out of the shower convinced the baby was dead since he wasn't moving, fortunatly he was fine obviously he knew very early on that he was in for trouble with his big brother. After that Joshua was put in the crib with the door locked while I took a shower for a VERY long time! That is just the first story with them though isn't having kids close together so much fun!
That is some hilarious stuff... And you have nothing on Britney Spears or me. You don't leave your child in a moving vehicle with no driver the way I do. And I don't have another baby to blame things on. Mental note to self: must get pregnant with next baby to have excuses for bad mommy moments!
Stacey- And you get to do it all over again! Lucky you!
M- Sorry about that. However, I think it is just a part of nature. Survival of the fittest and all that. When my oldest was one, she used to sit on her baby brother.
my4kids- I laughed at your story. I laughed when my daughter told me Saoirse was about to jump on Sophie. I am a bad, bad mother.
Catwoman- I wish I could tell a story like you do. I almost peed my pants at that one!
I think it just makes them stronger maybe more able to deal with the pain in the butt kids in school if they can handle there older siblings as babies they can handle just about anything right?
Post a Comment