1. My computer. Yesterday I wrote a book like post and when I was almost done the fecking computer froze. I could have cried. It was a rather good post if I do say so myself...all about Liam's encounter with a rather vicious Jack Russell, and the ensuing 6 stitches received. I couldn't be arsed to write it again, even though Liam was hilariously funny at the doctor's office. This morning I tried to download the pics of the 2 bites and couldn't even manage that. Aaarggghhh.
2. Owen Hargreaves playing for England. What the fuck? That boy is Canadian. As Canadian as ummm...I don't know...igloos or something. I don't care that his father was born in England, I really don't. He is Canadian and should be playing for Canada. Yes, I do realize that this means he wouldn't actually be playing in the World Cup since the chances of Canada making it are slim to none. But still. Loyalties to the home country and all. If I were some fantastic footballer (which I'm soooo not) I would still play for Canada, even though I was actually born in England and could play for England. In fact I could play for another two countries as well. But would I? No, I'd play for the country where I learned to play the fucking game. This is an issue that pisses me off to no end, and if you've been reading me since the start you might recall I've ranted about this before.
*Note that I have absolutely no issues with a player from a country such as England playing for a team such as Trinidad and Tobago, like that one fella whose name I can't recall. England has a ton of players to choose from so of course some are going to get left out, why shouldn't someone who doesn't make the grade with a well established team go elsewhere. But Hargreaves...he isn't even as good as most English players. Plus he definitely would have made the Canadian team. Wee bastard. Almost as big a wee bastard as Wayne Rooney. But not quite.
3. The fact that I have to attend a meeting on the night of game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. And we are not even going to reach quorum because every other fucker will be watching the game. And it's bloody elections. So why am I going when I could stay home and watch the bloody game? Because I have priorities people. And as much as I love the Oilers, this meeting is important to the next two years of this neighbourhood.
Rant over. I feel so much better.
19 June, 2006
Things that piss me off
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well I'm glad you feel better Emma ;) I can relate to the whole computer thing.. that drives me nuts!! As far as the footy.. dont watch it and dont care so dont know any of the players.. lol My MIL watches it though :)
Football and hockey are both over my head. Sorry.
But I hope Liam feels better. I dislocated my arm once when I was that age and it was a nightmare, the ER doctor was so mean.
Post a Comment