As a person who has always called body parts by their proper names, and insists that her children do so also, I never expected that I would hear a word to replace vagina that I liked so much.
And I am perfectly willing to admit it, I love the word vajayjay.
God, how it makes me laugh. Almost like third grade toilet talk but not quite.
Popularized by the character of Dr. Bailey on Grey's Anatomy, even Oprah says it. In fact today there was a brief audience discussion as to what people call theirs. One girl's had an actual name (Lavender) which is a little frightening. I thought that was only for high school students, but there you go, grown women do it as well.
But I do enjoy vajayjay. I find myself occassionally saying it to Saoirse when she won't put her nappy on. "Hey, missy, cover up that vajayjay!" That, really, is a big no no in our house. So I always have to correct myself and say vagina.
I have a friend who insists on calling her son's penis a bird. It drives me up the wall. Good God, I hope I don't become one of those mums.
02 June, 2006
My new favourite word
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Okay I am one of those mums that drive you nuts..lol I dont use the words often really but when I do I call Randie's vagina a choochie.. or her bits..lol Of course she is not old enough to understand anything so dont know what I would call them later.
Uh huh...
Well, I recently saw a woman on Dr. Phil who is the opposite. She refuses to use any word that may be seen as a reference to any body part below the belt. She would say the pilot of a plane sits in the blankpit.
I totally would use the name vajayjay. Right now I refer to it by it's anatomically correct vagina name. lol.
yes I did see the woman on dr phil.....she is crazy. yes I have heard of women who call it their "flower" and a penis is a man's "tenderness" creeps. me. out.
Hoping, brings a little more meaning to the song, "Try A Little Tenderness," no?
Post a Comment