This post is really late. Last Sunday (not the one 2 days ago, the one way back in May) Saoirse wouldn't put a nappy on. We had been noticing lately that when her nappy is quite full she lets us know and had been saying that we thought she might be ready for potty training. So anyway, she was without a nappy and was standing by me playing and she went "ooooohhhh" and promptly peed on my foot. There was no time to pick her up, she just finished where she was. My sock got quite wet, she managed to get very little on the carpet. Talk about aim.
So we decided that it was time to bring out the potty. She was quite fascinated with it and in the last week has decided it is a good place to hide keys and fruit loops. I went to the mall that same day and bought her big girl panties (Care Bears and some regular old Fruit of the Looms- I wanted Sesame Street, but the smallest size is a 3.) She was quite happy with the Care Bears, and immediately put on a pair of "bear." She ran around in those for awhile and would sit down on her potty quite often. When it was time for the real thing, she was alone in the livingroom with William and Liam. She started to go and William didn't even manage to get her panties down, he just sat her on the potty. She had her first semi successful pee.
She was too upset to appreciate that we were all thrilled with her (with the exception of Liam, who found the whold thing gross as 10 year olds are liable to do.)
We didn't worry about potty training the rest of the week, as she got sick with a touch of the stomach flu. Now what she does is runs around without a nappy until she knows she has to pee and then seh brings me a nappy to put on. No interest in the potty whatsoever, except as a step stool and hiding spot. Maybe she's not quite ready, but soon.
That same day, she also moved to a booster seat, so it was goodbye highchair. My baby really is growing up.
06 June, 2006
Becoming a big girl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh she is becoming a big girl!! Im sure she will show interest in it again sometimes soon. Randie shows NONE at all other than carrying it around or putting it on her head for a hat.. oh and of course a new toy box!! lol
Wow that's impressive! I just read my little man a book about potty training, he was fascinated. I had planned to wait until he was 2 to even think about it but he is showing an interest and like Saoirse has started to tell me when he has a pooboo, his word, not mine, so maybe I'll take your lead and get him a potty and some big boy underwear. I think I'm going to cry now!
if she peed in her knickers I would love to have them, lucky William getting to potty train a toddler, I love taking down little girls knickers
I agree, I could make her feel soooooooooooooo good
Post a Comment