Here it is, finally. The best month of the entire year. Not only does December bring Christmas, but it also brings my birthday. I am about to turn 29 for the third time, but I still find the day somewhat exciting. One day the thrill will be gone I am sure, but for now I still enjoy birthday wishes and the odd gift.
I am sure I said before that Edmonton in the autumn is beautiful, but even that can not beat Edmonton in the winter when the snow is newly fallen and the world is so pure and white. Sometimes, this is a truly lovely city.
December is always a busy month, and will be more so this year with Liam at a different school. Both kids go right until December 23rd, the first time this has happened since Taylor started school. Usually they finish the week before. Liam's Christmas concert is December 14th and Taylor's is the 21st. Taylor will also be an elf at a Christmas party for inner city children, along with the rest of her girl guide unit. Although we as a family certainly don't have alot of extra money we are lucky enough to have a nice roof over our heads, we are properly dressed for the weather, there is always food in the fridge and all 3 children will have plenty of presents under the tree. These children that Taylor will be handing out Christmas bags to will quite possibly get only that bag for Christmas and what little kid wants shampoo as a Christmas gift? It will be good for Taylor, and all the other Guides, to learn that while they don't always get what they want, they always get what they need. I could swear that comes from a song!
We will spend Christmas Day at my mother's, and will be joined by my best friend from elementary school (and Taylor's godmother) and her family as well as her new boyfriend. I am quite excited about this Christmas as it will be the first one that Saoirse is aware of. And of course the best part is that William is with us this Christmas and we will not have it in the back of our heads that he is leaving in 2 days. And that will make my Christmas complete.
01 December, 2005
December, lovely December
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think November is the best month, because I love autumn the most.
Winter is nice, my 2nd favorite, but after the middle of January rolls around I get sick of it.
i love july because we get the twelth and in canada its a bit warmer and if in aus its cold but not that cold .
Post a Comment