Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

13 November, 2008

Thursday 13- 13 reasons why I am not doing Thursday 13 today

I had a Thursday 13 post all sorted out in my head. I "borrowed" the idea from Crunchie Mummy, who did it quite a long time ago. It was to be 13 children's books we love in our house. But! I didn't get it done. Surprise, surprise. Here's why...

1) It requires effort. As in looking for pictures of said books online.

2) I was going to do it last night but at 1 am my internet, cable and phone all went down. My provider had called earler in the day to say that they would be doing repairs at some point, but really? 1 AM? What are we night owls meant to do with no TV or internet? I already know the answer. That's not what I did.

3) I couldn't do it today because...

4) it goes against my self imposed rule of not ignoring my children to blog. (Technically, yes, I could be currently considered to be ignoring my children...one is dressing herself in winter gear WHILE NAKED and the other is watching Retro Teletoon. I don't think they will mind me ignoring them for 10 minutes.)

5) I need to wash the dishes.

6) I need to vaccum the livingroom.

7) And the stairs and upstairs hallway.

8) I need to do laundry.

9) I will need to make lunch and dinner at 2 different points throughout the day.

10) I need to put away laundry.

11) I need to watch over my 2 oldest children as they clean their rooms today.

12) I need to make birthday invitations for Saoirse's party, which is next Saturday. I need 11 (10 to give out, one to scrapbook.) I have made one.

13) I am going out to dinner with my Grade 8 girlfriends. Not my girlfriends from Grade 8, but friends who all have children in Grade 8.

And that, my friends, is why there is no Thuraday 13 today!

5 comments:

Amy W said...

We sort of have the same thing here...a bunch of us are friends because our girls are all in the same grade...

Anonymous said...

I think those are 13 valid reasons for NOT doing 13..

Little Nut Tree said...

I kinda think that's a Thursday 13... was that the point? ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL Awww, thanks for the linky love and I think you made a great Thursday Thirteen list there!

Debbie said...

All very good reasons. :)