Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

17 July, 2007

A post of links

Taylor and Liam left today to spend a week with their dad and grandparents, who live in a small village just outside of Red Deer. Tomorrow they are heading down to Calgary and will be going to Calway Park. They have never been there before so should have a great time. Taylor hasn't seen her grandmother in about 4 years, and only saw her grandfather when he dropped off Christmas presents last year. I mentioned before that I have some issues with my ex MIL and this is one of them. When H and I split, she promised that she would have him and the kids for a couple of weeks every summer. This never happened. For the last 2 years she has invited them down for Christmas. Liam went in '05, and says he will alternate, but Taylor has chosen not to go. I bare some responsibility here- I could force Taylor to spend every other Christmas with them, and her dad, but I just can't do that when I am sure she would spend the entire time miserable. She was pretty good about going down this time, I hope it's going to go alright for her. Her grandmother also asked to take them back to school shopping, which is very kind but also has me a little worried. We have completely opposite taste in clothing, or rather clothing stores. While she is all about Saan and Zellers, I am and always will be an Old Navy girl. So I'll see what they come home with. Taylor and I have very different tastes as well, so chances are she will come home with something I am not fond of. Taylor doesn't really care how she dresses, and when I said she would need a lululemon outfit for school next year she pointed out that she doesn't even like lululemon. I mean seriously? What the feck? When I was 12, if my mother had offered to spend a lot of money on a name brand outfit I would have been in second heaven. I wouldn't have cared if it was the ugliest thing in the world as long as it had a great big Beaver Canoe (only Canadians will know what I am talking about I think)/ Polo/ Club Monaco/ Esprit symbol on it. So I guess it's good that Taylor doesn't care, but in the bitchy world of Grade 7 girls? I'm a little worried about her. (That reminds I have to write about her cyber bullying incident.)

Got off track there with all that talk about shopping. I have to talk about it, because I can not currently do it. We are going away in 10 days and I haven't put aside a penny. It's a good thing I have a good paycheque coming up. William was supposed to be paid last week but wasn't so his should be good too. So while we will have enough money for our holiday, I shouldn't just go out and spend my bank balance. Not so smart.

It's pouring outside right now, I am right next to the open window with the dead spider on the outer sill and it sounds so fanatastic. It's a heavy rain, I was expecting a thunderstorm tonight but it doesn't seem to be heading that way. I would love to go sit on the deck right now, I love rain on a hot day. Oh, I was wrong there was just a giant crack of thunder. I wonder if it is raining on Joy's end of town like it is here, she is the only person I know who likes rain more than I do. Hmmm...I suppose this means I should turn off the computer.

But first I have to tell you what I am doing on Thursday evening. I am going to Mamma Mia at the Jubilee. I am so freaking excited, because I am totally a child of the 70s and 80s and loved Abba. And even more than Abba I loved Erasure who did that whole Abba-esque album, and so of course I know the lyrics to every song on that one. I am going with my friend Shelley and Nancy and Shelley's friend Kate. We are going out to dinner before hand. This is big for me, other than stamping club I don't go out with my girlfriends much. My mum was actually supposed to go, but she is doing an Alaskan cruise with my aunt and uncle, as her cousin had to cancel. Lucky her, landing a free cruise. My mum's such a funny lady, she didn't really want to go because it was to Alaska. "I'd much rather go to the Carribean," she said. I didn't call her a total eejit, but I certainly thought it. It's a free trip to a beautiful area of the world. She's not a fan of snow, my mother, and isn't keen on seeing glaciers and icebergs. I received an email from my aunt tonight though, they are in Ketichikan and seem to be having a great time making my poor uncle slave for them. They are home on Sunday and then the cousin who had to cancel will also come to Edmonton. She left Vancouver the same day as the cruise for something that is going on in England I think. It was all very mysterious. She and her husband have never been to Edmonton, and I am not sure what they will think of it. They are jetsetters of a sort, and own homes in England, Paris and Dubai so I am not sure what they will think of this place. It's not exactly New York or London. Not even close actually. Hell, it's not even close to Toronto. I guess they are technically coming to see family not play happy tourists.

Speaking of stamping club (I was, ages ago, in a brief and unmemorable line about my lack of a social life before I went off about my mum's cruise) I am dropping my stamping club for the upcoming year. There are 2 reasons. Remember when I asked the question about ending a friendship and then never mentioned it again? The friend I was speaking of is in this club and it is really my last tie to her. We no longer live close to each other, we will not be attending the same school next year and I am just ready to let it go. I have really struggled with this, as she was a very good friend, in fact I had asked her to be Sophie's godmother. I don't know if it is me who has changed or herself. A bit of both perhaps? William thinks it is her, he thinks she has become very materialistic and that I am no longer good enough for her. And I don't know. I just don't know. I do know that she has been in our neighbourhood a couple of times this week, visiting her brother and sister in law and hasn't even popped over to say hello. Actually on Sunday she sent her 10 year old daughter over to ask if Taylor could babysit that night instead of coming herself. I don't know if I am reading into things, or if I am juse being silly. There is a lot more than I am not telling you guys, it's not really what I meant for this pointless post to turn into but it is a situation that has me feeling quite sad.

Anyway, the second reason I am leaving my stamping club is because I am thinking of taking the leap and becoming a Stampin' Up demonstrator. Not to actually demonstrate, because I just don't have the ability, but for the 20% discount. If I find I am actually making quite a few things I might start a small club, but honestly the people would have to be hopeless (or at least have never stamped before) for me to come off alright. But mostly I want the discount.

And that's it for me tonight. It's still raining, not as hard as earlier, and there's some lightening and thunder-y grumblings. It has, however, become extremely hot. So hot I am sweating. Oh, too much information was it? Shame that.

Join me tomorrow (or rather later today, since it is now 12.30) as I finally finish the questions I was asked. Even M's 50 or so.

11 comments:

Wendy said...

That's the exact same reason why I became a demonstrator a few years back. I am no longer doing it though! You do make beautiful cards and other goodies:)

Anonymous said...

I thought of like 5 things to comment on, but then you'd change the subject and I forgot what I was gonna say! I think you were just emptying your brain, which we all need to do from time to time! Sorry to hear about your friend, I always have a hard time letting people go even when I know it's for the best.

Anonymous said...

Did somebody say hopeless? Well sign me up! :o)

Sorry to hear about your friend. I dumped every last friend I had in a five year period and as hard as it was, it was the best thing for me to do. My god I hadn't realized what snobs we had all become and after an incident that left me horrified and completely embarrassed, I decided to drop them like a hot potato. No way I wanted to be like that. So now I'm starting all fresh. Fun. Not. It's tough but I'd rather be friendless than run with a pack of wolves.

As for the rain, we got a bit of it. More lightening and thunder than anything. Just what we need. More moisture. Ugh! Why are my comments always so long on your blog. Anyone else, I lurk or write short comments. Too weird!

Kila said...

Have a great time Thursday evening!

I would get so carried away with stamping, it'd be ridiculous. You do a great job on your creations!

I hope the kids have a good time! Let us know how it went and what they came back home with! ;)

That Chick Over There said...

OMG. Love ABBA!!! LOVE!!

Anonymous said...

Back because I had to run but I also wanted to say I took my girls to go see Mamma Mia the last time it was in Edmonton and you are going to LOVE it!!! Have fun.

la bellina mammina said...

Hope Taylor and Liam enjoy themselves - an dthat you guys have a great vacation!

Wish I was coming along to Mamma Mia - love the 70's and 80's too. grew up listening to Abba watching my paents get ready for a night out.

And you'll defintely do well with the Stampin' up project - you're a great stampin' designer! :-)

my4kids said...

You are a good stamper and stop telling yourself differently! Understand......:)

Hope Taylor and Liam enjoy their trip. I do agree with you if Taylor doesn't want to go every other Christmas she is old enough to make that decision herself.

Sorry about your friend....I've had that happen before and its really hard.

My friend is on an Alaskan cruise this week too! She was to pull into Ketchikan today also. Funny.

CPA Mom said...

Abba / Mamma Mia sounds like so much fun!

I'm taking my mom to see Josh Groban tomorrow night and Sunday HP and I are going to see Vince Gill and Amy Grant. Yeah!

alissa said...

Oh yes, become a demonstrator! Cuz there's nothing like a good discount on shit you love!

For years, I've been secretly wanting to take some little job at Pottery Barn Kids (cuz I no longer shop for myself) for that very reason. Or Gymboree...

Anonymous said...

Mamma Mia is a great show! We bought season theatre tickets when we were living in Detroit and it was the best of the season.