I have decided to humiliate my children into cleanliness. Not the bedroom sort (a lost cause, I have decided) but the clean person sort.
I have told them they no longer need to shower/bathe.
I, quite frankly, am sick of the fight that comes every evening before they are told to shower.
Liam: "It's Taylor's turn to go first this time, I went first last time."
The mother:"Taylor, you're to go first."
Taylor:" No, it's Liam's turn."
Liam:"NOOOOO....I always go first, remember you said Taylor would go first for a while."
Taylor:"I don't remember agreeing to that!"
On and on and on and on it goes.....
The mother: "THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!! I'VE HAD ENOUGH! If you two don't care enough to get into the bloody shower when you are stinking without being told then NEITHER OF YOU EVER HAVE TO SHOWER AGAIN!!!!!! GO TO SCHOOL DIRTY!!!! I NO LONGER CARE!!! I'M SICK OF ALL THIS FIGHTING!!!!!!!!"
So I'm done. I don't care if they have black hands from the dirt, I don't care if they stink to the heavens. I don't care how dirty Taylor's nails are or that her hair may become greasy. I don't care if Liam goes to school with his hair sticking up all over his head.
I am hoping however, that they one day might. I am hoping that the first time someone says "Och, you smell" they come home and hop right into the shower. I even hope it forces them to use soap instead of just standing under a stream of hot water. I hope that one day maybe, just maybe, my children will appreciate that the fact that they have to take showers. I hope that humiliation works.
Please let it because I am not sure that I could bear the smell of them for more than a day, or the sand in the sheets, or Liam not changing his underwear. By the way, is it just my son who thinks he can wear the same boxers for 2 or more days? I cannot tell you how many times I have made him run upstairs to change when I see those boxers over his jeans.
**NOTE: I am hoping this works. I once went on strike and would not do laundry or cook due to their ungrateful ways. They ate sandwiches and kraft dinner for a week. The laundry was harder, as they both have tons of clothes. But eventually I wore them down. Can I do it this time? Stay tuned.**
18 April, 2006
A stroke of genius or a sign of the coming madness?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment