It seems I have become a blogger who rarely posts. Once again, the bloggy mojo has fallen by the wayside. There's so much going on here, but I just can't bring myself to write a long, dull post about it. Even my twittering and facebook updates have slowed down. I used to update facebook faithfully but I could really care less this days.
Such a bad attitude...
Anyhoo, this is a run down of what has been going on. Oh, so exciting.
I have been sick for 35 days. Shutup Alissa! 26 of those days have been with bronchitis and I have never been so freaking miserable in my life. I've missed the last 4 weekends at work and they are not very pleased. Do they seriously want me to compromise the health of the sick and elderly? Of course, that's not why I'm hesitant to go back, I am freaked that I am going to have a coughing fit and pee myself.
Oh yes! I am suffering from stress incontinence. Poise pads and I are best friends. And when I ran out of poise pads? I was forced to steal a nappy from Sophie. Look at that, 34 years old and back in nappies. Bloody humiliating. I thought it would be done by now but no such luck. The first round of meds didn't work plus they gave me hives. I had just read an article on how bad bed bugs are in Edmonton and, in a fit of paranoia, was convinced we had them. It didn't matter that William and the girls didn't have them, I was sure. Vacuumed the mattress, scrubbed my walls, washed the blankets all while coughing and peeing and scratching the marks. Went to the doctor who informed me that they were hives. Well, at least my bed is really clean now. Oh, and he also informed that I have shingles. Yes, lucky me. Along with the coughing induced pulled muscles, cracked rib, peeing AND throwing up I am a total pleasure to be around.
William and I are finally in counselling. It is going well, I can even agree with his statement that I am selfish. It is quite true, but who knew I was using it as a defense mechanism from childhood? Boy, those psychologists can dig! (Which reminds me for those of you who wanted to know if I prefer giving or receiving your answer is there in the word selfish! Of course, I think I give more than I receive but I am sure he would differ. Sorry for the TMI, for those who didn't want to know!)
The kids are all doing well. Taylor is 13. What can I say? I'm a little pissed off that I took her out for summer clothes, spent $250 on her ($100 of that on ONE lululemon jacket) and have not yet heard the words "Thank you." She really needs to take some lessons from Sophie, who says thank you to absolutely everything. Can I for once find something positive to say about my oldest child? Yes, she went to camp this weekend and the house was very quiet. Only joking! She finally cleaned her room. And it looks looked lovely. It's Taylor, people, of course it's getting messy again. Oh, and she won the spirit award at school. Not quite sure what it is, something to do with being well behaved and working hard. And hey, as long as she behaves at school than I am pretty happy.
Liam is very exciting about almost finishing Grade 6 and moving on to junior high. The Grade 6 classes at his school go camping at the end of the school year, so he is looking forward to that as well. He is playing soccer again this year and is finally getting to play in goal, his favourite position. He has had an amazing season, his best ever. His team made it to the top tier for this final round. I must get a picture of his coach to show you all, I think he is adorable and if I were 18 I would totally have a thing for him.
Saoirse is also playing soccer, well she is more walking on the field, occasionally kicking the ball. But she too loves soccer. She is compltely recovered from the hospital stay, and has had no problems since. Playschool finshes up next Thursday. Not sure what she thinks about that, she loves going to school and hated missing it when she was in the hospital.
Sophie will be 2 in 2 months. She is so freaking smart. She repeats everything we say. You should hear her say 'Afghanistan'. So cute. I love some of what she is saying "Pash, pash" (pass...used for everything from a ball to food to more food..have I ever said how she loves to eat?), "I be back in a minute, okay?", "I carry you! I carry you!" (Obviously this is supposed to be 'You carry me' and we laugh everytime she says it. If you've seen me or heard me whinge about my weight, you know that William isn't going to be carrying me anywhere, never mind my toddler.)She loves swings at the park, cuddling with Daddy, helping me with the laundry ("I help you?") and climbing up the cupboards to stand on the counter and get into the snack cupboard. Of course, then she has to yell "I need down!" I am trying to get her out of climbing up them, one day she is going to fall and smash her head. Would you give a time out for that? I've never had this issue before. Sophie is a whole new ballgame.
And here is why I no longer post all the time...it takes so freaking long to write one simple post and here it is 12.30 am and I've a mess of scrapbooking on the table that I'm not going to be arsed to clean. Off to bed!
11 June, 2008
Once a week posting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 comments:
The whirlwind nature of your posts always amuses me. And I'd love to hear Sophie say "afghanistan." Hahaha.
Lovely update on all your family. You certainly packed a lot into that post. I had bronchitis once, the summer I was getting married (21 at the time)I was off work for 6 weeks, my doc wouldn't let me go back sooner, I was nursing and it leaves you pretty weak doesn't it, as well as the coughing and other thing I won't mention!!
Whenever you get time to post we'll be back to read it :)
Once a day or once a week doesn't matter! I'm still gonna read. Sucks that you've been so sick. And Sophie sounds alot like Alyssa.
i came trolling for a sex post...where is it? also...typing with 1 hand while feeding ttp...xoxoxo
golden showers does not a sex post make...
Sorry to hear that you are sick. I am feeling ya on the bloggy mojo, I think mine is still basking in the sun in Florida.
Sophie will be 2 in 2 months and she talks.....sheesh....she should come and teach Ryleigh how. Ryleigh will be 2 in less than a month and has finally started to say Mommy. Besides that her vocabulary consists of maybe 5 words.....
You've got to get a video of Sophie saying Afghanistan. That sounds like the cutest thing ever!!!!
Sorry you're still not feeling 100 percent, but I'm glad to hear counselling is helping.
Only one post a week is okay... as long as you keep posting... I do lurve me some Emma news!
Hope you feel better soon!
xoxoxo
Shingles? Shit, my husband had that once and he was in so much pain. I'm sorry to hear you have it to. Not fun.
You keep getting kicked while you're down, dontcha? I'm sorry. That sounds miserable. At least the house is clean, right?
Once per week is better than nothing, especially considering just how much fun you've been having lately. I hope the drama comes to an end soon!
So sorry to hear you have been sick that long. Feel better and don't beat yourself up about posting once a week. I am really enjoying getting to know you and your little blog.
I loved catching up with you!!
and I'm so glad you two are getting some counseling!
If everyone only posted once a week then maybe I could keep up with all the blogs I read! And you have had quite a run with the sicknesses haven't you. I hope things are on the mend. Sounds like you have been busy and trying to get better so I'm actually surprised you can get a post in once a week!
I think he is adorable and if I were 18 I would totally have a thing for him.
your talking about your son?
your SICK!
Anonymous needs to pull his/her head outta his/her ass and re-read the sentence before jumping to hasty conclusions and making asswipe comments.
Anyhoo...
I'm just glad you post every now and then. I am still here reading faithfully - I'm just the worlds shittiest commenter. I hope you start feeling better soon - the peeing would get me down.
I have an ungrateful almost 13 year old in my house so I know what you are talking about on that one.
I forgot to tell you I finally moved. The new place is http://hineykapoople.com
Sorry to hear you've had bronchitis. It's awful when it lingers on and on like that...esp with the 'side' symptoms!
Gosh Emma, I'm so sorry you're still feeling so terrible!! You poor thing! I'll send some get well vibes your way!
I love the update on all the kids. Even though you're sick, your love for them still comes through. Don't worry about not being able to think of many positive things to say about your 13 year old...I'm sure plenty of other parents of teens could commiserate.
LOL, nothing like a good anonymous troll to tell you you've made it as a blogger :-)
Hope you feel better soon. x
I'm sorry you've not been well.
And if my kid didn't thank me for the clothes? That would probably be the last clothes she got until she did.
But I'm bitchy like that. Mwah!
I'm glad you are on the mend...I had no idea you had so many issues medically at the same time!!!
A Troll?! You've made it!! Big Time Blogger!!
Hi emmamcdon.blogspot.com !
[img]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9884/newsc7ucbcrjda7885sm0.png[/img]
Create your site on SLAED CMS! SLAED is a great company with minimum requirements for server, high levels of protection and an excellent choice for the creation of a site of any complexity! OpenSLAED is an Open Source (Licence GPL).
Lang: Russian, German, English
Size: 4,19 mb
Version: 1.2
Download: http://slaed.net/uploads/files/public/open_slaed.zip
Developer: http://slaed.net/voting.html
Goodbye!
Hi all!
eMule http://oslik.info/media-view-3146.html
Cheers!
Hi emmamcdon.blogspot.com !
[img]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5271/newsc7ucbcrjda7885jb0.png[/img]
Build your site on OpenSLAED! CMS SLAED is a safe site with minimum requirements for provider, high levels of protection and a great choice for the creation of a site of any complexity! SLAEDOpen is an Open Source (GPL 3).
Lang: Russian, German, English
Size: 4,19 MB
Version: 1,2
Download: http://www.slaed.net/uploads/files/public/open_slaed.zip
The site author: http://www.slaed.net/index.html
Cheers!
Post a Comment