That Random Mommy. This meme is a challenge. But I think I'm up to it. And because I don't want to called a whore, I am even going to name names.
Why do you blog? So I can hold on to what little grasp of sanity I have left. I started blogging in the summer of 2005 after reading a couple of articles about blogging. As a person who keeps a lot to herself it was a good way to get my thoughts out there. Once people started commenting, it was great to have other opinions and some validation. And support. Fuck, the support on here is beyond amazing. I have a hard time telling my friends in real life what is going on, so it's nice to have this outlet. Plus I can erase if need be. Like today, I left a post up for all of about 2 minutes and then took it down. Had I said out loud what I wrote here, I never could have taken it back. And for that 2 minutes that that post was up I needed it there. I needed to say that that I hate parts of my life and that I wanted to to do nothing but lie in bed and cry. (I'm not feeling so much like that now.)
What was the first blog you ever read? I can't even remember what it was called. I found it on IrishBlogs.ie. The site used to be way better laid out and down the sidebar was a list of blogs linked to it. This blogger was from Dublin, but living in Birmingham. I had to read a blog about a guy from my second favourite city in the world who was living in my hometown. Not sure whatever happened to him, I lost the link.
What was the first blog that had you hooked? Another two that I came across on Irish blogs, United Irelander and Red Mum. UI isn't posting these days, but Red Mum is still blogging. She even got a column out of her blog and her photos are amazing. Plus I found two of my favourite bloggers through her, Boliath and Beccy.
Which blogger friend would you most like to meet in real person? Oh, this is a hard one. If you're on my blogroll or should be on my blogroll (I suck at updating) then I want to meet you. If I comment on your blog (even if it's once in a blue moon because I really, really suck at commenting these days) then I want to meet you. And if you're someone who still comments on my blog, even though I am oh so rarely commenting on yours then I definitely want to meet you. I was thinking of saying that I don't want to meet anyone who weighs less than me since it would just make me that much more insecure, but that pretty much eliminates my entire blogroll. So since Random Mommy says we should pick one I am going to pick Boliath. Why? Because I really think she would be like the big sister I never had. Plus, she's been commenting on my blog almost since I started. This does not mean that I don't want to meet everyone else. Remember, should I ever win the lottery, you are all invited to my Camp David-like compound. Once it's built of course.
Which blog do you admire the most, why? I admire so many!
That Chick, M, Rachel, Joy, CPA Mom and Blue Momma for honesty in blogging. Random Mommy,
Ohio Blue Eyes and
Girl From Florida, because I envy their sex lives and their willingness to talk about it. Catwoman, Emily and Alissa for making me laugh everyday. La Bella Mammina, Chrisb, Sandy, Beccy, Frannie and Tiger Lamb Girl for being quite possibly the nicest bloggers ever. Lisa, for being a survivor. I could go on and on, really. But I feel like I've been linking forever.
How different are you in real life than in your blog? Oh, so different! I am very, very shy, almost painfully so. I don't start conversations in real life. I sometimes join in, but not often. I'm also really insecure. This probably does come across in my blog though.
How many blogs do you keep up with on a daily basis? In the last few months I have been really bad. Really, really bad. I check numerous blogs everyday. I try to get through a bit of my blogroll each day. I do find, though, that I check Catwoman's blog everyday. This may because she comments on almost every post I write, it may because she makes me laugh, it may be because she is one of my longest reads. There's a loyalty there I think. Frankly, I would love to be unemployed and have a housekeeper so that I would have no guilt over reading blogs for hours on end.
Link to your 123rd post. Or your 3rd, if you don't have 123. It's from February of 2006 and is all about how on a quest for organization I searched out my house for missing CDs. Probably not worth reading unless you want to know about my musical tastes.
24 January, 2008
Because I don't feel like cleaning my house...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
Oh Emma, you're one of my favourite bloggers too;).
It's funny, because each blog has it's own vibe, and I can't really pinpoint just what it is that makes me feel connected, in some way, to some bloggers. But you're one of them for sure. xo
Emma that is a great meme and thank you for the mention. You've mentioned a couple of new blogs that I plan to visit.
Glad you are feeling better =) If I was doing this post I would definitely say I admire you for your honesty!
Emma, thank you so much for mentioning me in the exceptionally written post. Your honesty continues to amaze me.
Thank you.
I like CPA mom too!!! She is so freaking FUNNY!
Crazy is as Crazy Does (Rachel) is great too!
I'm terrible at commenting lately, too.
Well Emma, like I said on my blog, you made me, so you could start blogging every day with just the items in your fridge, and I would STILL comment.
I could have written the exact same answer to the "How different are you in real life than in your blog?".
I love reading your blog and the others that you have linked to! Thanks!!
Great meme..I may have to "steal" this one from you:)
Yay for those of us who didn't want to be whores! I appreciate you for being my second reader. I wouldn't have kept it up without you.
you are one of my faves!!! and I would love to meet you in person!!!!!
I would talk about my sex life, too - if I had one. But when you buy that house two doors down from me we can dish all you want!!!!! I'm still waiting.....
You are a shy one in person aren't you? That's ok though, I do enough talking for the both of us on the couple times we've met. Wait a minute. Is that why we haven't met more?? :o) You're a sweety and it's been great getting to know you.
yay! you're not a whore! I knew you'd come through with real answers.
I have a pretty amazing sex life too. I just don't blog about it.
Just so you know.
How's that for honesty?
Thanx for including me. :) I would have a long list like you do. :)
I love your honesty and upfrontness (is that even a word?).
I'm laughing at your analysis of me, I don't think my family would think of me as particularly nice!
Emma you were one of my first readers who came from nowhere and I love reading and sharing your highs and lows.
Thanks for the admiration...if I was going to pick someone for being honest in blogging, I'd pick you for one. Even starting with your description up in the green box...I love your blog and will forever wish we could meet in person.
We are related you know sisters of some kind. I'd love to meet you too sweetheart, it will happen someday and thank you most sincerely.
That is a wonderful meme. And I am glad you did it and not me, because it looks like it isn't too easy with all that linking and choosing. I for one, am glad I have had the privelege of meeting you and look forward to other 'coffees' with the girls.
Post a Comment