Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

20 November, 2006

Damn you Costco for making me spend so much money

I have been to Costco twice in the last two days. I really love Costco. But I kind of hate it too. It is impossible to leave Costco without spending less than $100. Well, I did see some lady leaving today with just chicken breasts, but she was obviously crazy and does not understand the fact that if you have to pay for a membership to shop in a store it is a requirement of said membership that you leave the store with a cart load of stuff you probably don't really need.

Yesterday I went to buy a lot of things and this I did to the tune of $448.34. I needed meat which is always pricey. I bought one of Liam's two big Christmas gifts. I bought Saoirse 2 Disney storybooks (suddenly the child is in love with the princesses. How does this happen?) and Sophie a board book box set. Both for Christmas. I found beautiful frames for the girls' portraits. I bought more food.
It was a good shopping trip.

I didn't really need to go today but my friend Andi did and since I have the card I had to go. So I thought I'd pick up a few things, one of them being another set of frames for Taylor and Liam's school pictures. After all, why should Saoirse and Sophie have beautiful frames and Taylor and Liam get stuck with the cheapo Walmart ones? I walked out of there with my bank account down an extra $277. Thank God I get paid again tomorrow. Oooohhh and best of all, I bought myself a gift from my Christmas list. The Facts of Life Seasons 1 and 2 was only $20, a full $10 cheaper than HMV. I don't know how I missed it yesterday, it was right behind the DVD for the Flying Nun which I looked directly at. Now I just have to decide if I should open it now, or have the kids give it to me for either my birthday or Christmas.

Tomorrow I am off to Walmart for Liam's other big gift (a TV and DVD player), an Oilers shirt for Taylor and some odds and ends for the house, to the Dollar Store for my Disney Christmas gift bags and to Ticketmaster to pick up the tickets to the Oilers/Carolina game for William and Liam.

Do you sense that I may have a small problem with spending? I'd like to say it's just a Christmas thing, but it's not.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, the call of large quantities of food items and really great stuff is a killer!!!!

I'd try to tell you that it's a Christmas thing, but Costco is a year-round problem really.

alissa said...

Costco... a place to buy more shit that you don't need at a price you can't refuse.

I didn't renew my membership last year for that very reason.

As for the princesses... Emma too! Out of nowhere, full princess admiration. I don't get it...?

Tonya said...

wow you are on a spending spree..lol I have never joined costco before but thought about it a few times..lol Someday I will have to look into it :) Randie loves princesses as well!

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Ah, Costco. Saves you lots of money, loses you tons more.

I want to renew my membership but keep rethinking it for just those reasons. Are you doing well?

Boliath said...

Thank the gods I'll escape princesses - well probably, it's Nemo in this house, little man is obsessed!

Anonymous said...

Emma - how I love Costco. I forget how much alike we are. Except I am totally stupid at figuring out your website. It took me 30 minutes and Robert's help to figure out how to write a comment. Love the blogs. Is it really over or have things settled down....Robert says hi - it's a shame it never worked out with you two. I could have been an aunt by now or at least finally had a sister. Good bye from snowy Vancouver. Lisa A

Anonymous said...

ps - do you find Kelly Hrudey attractive? LA

Emma in Canada said...

Hmm...my reply to your question just disappeared into the netherworld. Essentially I said ...

Kelly Hrudey? WTF?????? Should i ask why? Do I even need to ask why?

And then I said... he's not bad for an oldie.

Which is probably what, 40? Which is younger than William. Sometimes I forget that I am in my 30s and offically old myself.

Happy bday by the way. Can't believe I didn't ring you on the day.

Um, not that I'm saying your old or anything.

Anonymous said...

You can call me old - everyone else is...I still want an update on your situation. I got your message the other night and no I wan't out....I was sleeping. Crawled under the covers at 8pm because I was cold and next thing you know - I was passed out. Don't be jealous...Congrats on the weightloss!!!! I'll respond to the rest in an e-mail.... LA