Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

29 October, 2006

The first snowfall



Today we had our first proper snowfall, not like the one a couple of weeks ago where it melted pretty quickly. This snow looks pretty hardy, like it might actually be here for the duration.

Fuck.

Saoirse, however, does not express this sentiment in regards to snow. Upstairs this morning, after me not understanding her telling me that those bastards Liverpool were kicking the shite out of my beloved Villa, she went to the window, pointed up towards it and says "Snow, snow!!"

Yea. Snow. Happy Days.

Saoirse missed snow last year due to the combined brown Christmas and her visit to Australia. It was sort of a shame because we had gotten her a funky wee baby sled for Christmas that she could not even use. She might get a month or two out of it now, if this snow sticks around and there's no sudden growth spurt.

She went outside pretty quickly this morning. William threw her smowpants and jacket on over her pajamas and off she went. Well, after she fell a few times in the livingroom. She was a bit like the Pillsbury Doughboy in her new gear. Liam took her outside and, to her great delight, threw snowballs at the livingroom window and then at Taylor who was watching out her bedroom window. He even managed to hit William in the ass, to the general amusement of us all.

In the afternoon, Taylor took Saoirse over to the hill down the road to try out the sled. She had a fantastic time, and in this new house I am able to see them from the patio window. Which works pretty well, really.

11 comments:

Tonya said...

oh how adorable her out in the snow!! Seems I left just in time before the real snow hit.. lol

Boliath said...

Jesus H Christ - snow already? nooooooooo am so not ready for snow.

(wishing I had an older kid who could take the little man out to play in the snow and I could watch from inside, grumble grumble, no it will be me that is out there cold and wet, grumble grumble)

Emma in Canada said...

Tonya...I have to say I much prefer our cold dry winter to England's wet one!

Boliath...there are someblessings to having kids 10 years apart and that's one of them! In case you drop by again this week, I hoope the little man has a lovely second birthday! Oh, and I read your comment at Red Mum saying you had given up your blog. Tell me it's not true!

Emma in Canada said...

Hmmm...just reread that and there's an awful lot of exclamation points for someone who doesn't actually like them. Oops.

alissa said...

Ugh. Snow. Soon enough it'll hit here. Yippee.

Boliath said...

Not just revived it again Emma, go see...!!!!!

Cari said...

Ok, I have TOO posted a comment here before (before this one too), or maybe it was your other blog? Whatever... but I'll do better!

All I can say is hahahahaha! I hate the snow. H.A.T.E. Up until yesterday, I wasn't even wearing a jacket here. And I'll take the rain over cold and snow any day!

Susan in va said...

This photo reminds me of the movie "A Christmas Story." If you've never seen it, then my next comment will make no sense to you.

"I can't put my arms down!!!"

Elizabeth said...

Hi. I just found you through snobmama. I'm just curious about how you pronounce Saoirse? It's a really unique name.. cool.
I'm at www.devriesthree.blogspot.com

Silly Hily said...

SNOW! You already have snow? It's so pretty. We are lucky if we get one snow a year. If we get anything, it's usually nasty, nasty ice.

Teena in Toronto said...

Ewww! I don't like snow! You can keep it, okay?