Catwoman wrote a very funny post on farts today that had me laughing out loud. And made me think.
Liam is the king of farting. He will sit his bony bum on your leg and let one go. He will put his bum directly in front of your face and let one just rip. They are not normal boy farts but stinky disgusting manly farts. Like rotten eggs.
I cleaned their bathroom today and it was absolutely disgusting. I know that the dirty toilet was because of Liam and not his sister, I have never seen such explosions in my life. I have had to wash it off the wall! It is really, really gross and I think he needs more foilage in his diet. Of course, this is also the kid who can manage to pee everywhere but in the toilet. Why, oh why, did I teach him to stand? I can tell you why...I didn't want the other kids to make fun of him when he got to school and was still sitting. I'd live with his humiliation now, if only I could have a clean, dry bathroom floor.
Thinking about farts always brings me back to reading Roddy Doyle's Giggler Treatment to Taylor's third grade class. If you've never read it here's a brief run down- the gigglers are little creatures that put doo poo in the path of adults who have been mean to children. One of the examples used said that when a parent blames their own farting on a child they will get the giggler treatment. I will never forget a boy called Derek saying "My mum does that! Every time she farts she blames me!" That was a classic kids say the funniest things moment. The teacher and I, along with all the other kids, started laughing. Every time I see his mother I think of it.
Still makes me laugh.
15 March, 2006
Boys and their bodily functions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment