Yesterday, while walking to the mall, William found a bullet. Which he then proceeded to bring home.
Being a nice girl, from a nice urban home, I have never before seen a bullet up close and personal. When he showed it to me I was shocked by the size. It was huge. Apparently, it belongs to a Winchester 303. I don't actually know what that looks like (again the nice urban home) but apparently it is a shotgun and therefore big. Hey, it's not my fault that most crimes on CSI and other related crime shows are done with a small gun...I think they call them handguns.
So I say to William 'What are we supposed to do with this?' He tells me to call the police, they will know. So I do and he asks me if it is spent. I said no, never been used. In my head, the police were already arriving at my door, sirens blazing, to take this dangerous thing out of my house. He says 'Just drop it off at any police station, we'll dispose of it.' Oh, and he told me not to drop it, as it could go off. He laughed quite heartily at my reply to that. Liam immediately asked for it and I know he was thinking about looking for a hammer so he could try and explode this bullet. Personally, I think that the police should have come and got it. There is something somewhat dangerous about leaving a bullet in a home with a 9 year old boy until we have the time to go drop it off. And it's not like they are busy or anything. For a city that is well on its way to being murder capital of Canada, the police are not very well represented on the streets of Edmonton. Just what are they doing? They always seem so bored if you ever do run into one.
08 August, 2005
The tale of the bullet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A Winchester reminds me of 'Shaun of the Dead hehe'.
When I was in the Officer Training Corps at uni, I had to walk home carrying rifle magazines in a McDonalds paper bag once because that's all that was available. I felt rather uncomfortable doing that!!
I've encountered spent bullets in my flat before that I'd 'inadvertently' brought home from the rifle range even though we all had to do a declaration thing at the end of each shooting session. We had to say: "I have no live rounds, empty cases or pyrotechnics in my possession SIR!!!" as the Captain or Sergeant person walked along our ranks.
Post a Comment