So I finally installed something to track my oh so many visitors. I tried Sitemeter and Neocounter and for some reason could get neither to install into my blog. Statcounter worked though. It has very easy to follow directions for eejits such as myself.
I must admit I find it somewhat frightening to see the information that people computer able could discover about you. I hear that you can do an awful lot with just an ISP address.But I could be wrong. As I have stated many times I am a complete computer moron. And I only have Windows 98, whereas every single person who has been on my blog in the last 2 days has Windows XP. Sigh. Anyways, my sitemeter has me being from Calgary, which I am most definitely not. I love Calgary, but there is absolutely no way I could live there as every federal riding is Conserative and only 3 provincial ridings are Liberal. Plus my 3 most hated politicians live there- Ralph Klein, Jason Kenney and Stephen Harper. Scum, the lot of them.
A few people have linked to me through http://unitedirelander.blogspot.com, a couple of them came from the Seven Things post. Both American, one from Iowa and one from California. That one linked 3 times but never left a comment. Makes me wonder. There were a couple of links through search engines, one looking for "black friday", "edmonton" (from Newfoundland...have I ever said how much I love Newfoundland? I really do, but so many of them live on my block and a couple come from different communities and there's alot of infighting. It's a bit crazy.) The other, which made me laugh, was for "disco duck song." I suppose they were looking for the lyrics.
The majority of my visitors came from Ireland. There were a couple from the UK, but for someone reason a city doesn't come up with it. Odd that. I can't figure out how many are returning, as I think I screwed up somewhere, but I've had visitors from 4 different countries this weekend. Well, I'd say 3 since I'm pretty sure the UK ones were all from the north of Ireland. 3 and a province if we must be fussy. Either way, it's not a very high number.
28 August, 2005
The Joys and Perils of Statcounter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey you figured out how to link! I'm impressed.;)
Is Newfoundland the area where there are lots of people of Irish descent who talk in an Irish way?
I was feeling rather genius like for a moment! That would be Newfoundland.
Post a Comment