Well, it will be if people sign up.
Like last year I am asking you to sign up to send another a blogger a book by your favourite author. I did this swap a bit later in the summer last year, and books weren't sent out until September. Had I been very on the ball (which, let's face it, never happens with me) then I would have done this in June so that people could have a beach read, or if you live in Alberta, a book to read when the power goes out during a thunderstorm. Reading by flashlight during a storm... could there be anything more satisfying? Lots I'm sure, but it is a fond childhood memory.
Anyway, one book is all it takes. It can be new, it can be gently used, whatever. You can send your favourite book, or a book for children (assuming said blogger has a child or two.) You can send both. You can send more than one if you so desire. But, you know, make sure you send something.
So today is what? the 18th..no the 17th. It's summer, I can't keep track of the days. Let's see if anyone signs up by the 25th (next Friday, if my calendar is correct) with a mail out date of, say, August 5th. I would have said the fourth, but that's a civic holiday in Canada (known as Heritage Days in Edmonton...yummy food from all over the world) and a no mail day.
And if there's no interest? Well, I'll just buy a new book for myself. That's okay too.
Ooops...guess I should have said email me your info at emmamcdonnellATshawDOTca. Details, details.
17 July, 2008
Emma's second annual book swap
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
Count me in!
Yes! Wow is it nearly a year since we did this? OMG. I'm not even sure I have read both of the ones I got last year yet!!! But count me in all the same
I would but I suck at life these days and would end up not getting it in the mail in time.
You guys have fun though. :)
I remember seeing this last year and feeling all left out because I didn't know about it. Well not this year! Hmmph! lol.
I'll send a book.
I'm totally in! I did this last year and got sent the book Twilight by Stephenie Meyer....LOVED IT! I would have never ever chosen that book to read on my own had I not done the swap. I'm emailing you now.
Yes, I'd love to do this so count me in.
Can I do this even though I'm not blogging any more?
Sounds good count me in.
I'm in!!!
How could I not? I "met" Mum of 4 this way! Please keep my person stateside this year though.
I'm going to link you in a quick post I am writing. You never know...one of my 3 readers might want to play too.
I'll go ahead and sign up again-- I hope I have better luck this year.
last year, I sent a book, but never got one or found out who was supposed to send mine.
I was too late to join last year but I'm signing up for this one please :o)
Becky told me about this, I'm so in. Books are great.
I'd like to join in, too!
Sure, I played last year and it was fun so count me in. :) I will email you and try to get a post up about it tomorrow. :)
Well, I emailed three times form two different accounts but they kept coming back error. :( Please let me play.
I'm in!
Is it to late to join? If not, count me in!! This sounds like fun.
All right, for some reason when I try to send the email it isn't working.
My email is thankfulmum@yahoo.com
Post a Comment