William and Saoirse arrived home on Sunday afternoon, along with William's neice Vicki, who is visiting for 2 months.
They surprised me at the airport because I foolishly forgot that people with strollers do not come down escalators. So there I was waiting for them, right near the doors, while people from 3 flights walked past us. (Yes! Three arrivals at once at Edmonton International! But don't get excited, we don't actually have international flights these days, they were from Calgary, Vancouver and Abbotsford. Nowhere good.) Anywho, I was wondering where the hell they were. Had I totally missed them? I called my friend Shelley who I could see wandering around baggage claim. As I was talking to her I turned around and there they were. I hung up on Shelley, and I think I started to cry. Saoirse came to me for a second and then put her arms out to go back to her dad. I was prepared for this so it wasn't too bad.
Now it's as though she hadn't gone away. Still a daddy's girl, but willing to come to me if she absolutely has to. Some things never change. She does not seem much taller to me, her hair is a bit longer and a bit blonder. She says a lot of words with that funny little accent. She also understands English words better than their Canadian counterparts. Nappy instead of diaper, pram rather than stoller, lift instead of elevator. Funny how Australians kept the English words while in North America everything became something else.
I love to just sit and watch her. She is so very amusing. Toddlers have such a zest for life. I had Candy's son Ethan over yesterday and they played so well together and considering they are 18 months apart I was very impressed.
She is awake now, and William has gone back to bed so I am off.
04 May, 2006
They're back
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yahoo welcome home!
Yayy they are home! Congrats
YAY!!! It is so great to hear they are home now :) I'm sure you have so much catching up to do.. Great news...
I am so glad to hear they are home! I am sure it is a stress relief in some ways for you and the baby!
Post a Comment